Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Momma Madness

I have not been blogging as of late.  Not for a long time actually.
So many things have happened since I lost blogged.  I got a new job, which I love, summer has come and gone, and I became an LSW.  That is something that I have been working towards for some time now.

As a mom I struggle with alone time, as any mother does.  We all want it, but we all feel guilty for wanting it or taking it.  As a working mom, I feel even more guilty about wanting it and needing it.
I know that if I do not take it, I will not be the best version of me for my little guy and my big guy.  I struggle with finding the time to actually take that alone time.  Between a part time job and a full time job plus my mom/wife duties, I am left with little time.  And throughout the days and/or weeks between alone time periods I find that the condition of the space in which I use my alone time looks a little something like this:
Underneath it all is my neglected scrap booking stuff.
The minor cleaning jobs or mere attempts to eat dinner at the table, leave me with piles of items on top of my "alone time" space.  To actually engage in some relaxing activities for myself, I would have to engage in some serious cleaning and organization just to get to the bottom of the misc. pile on my desk.  

Is this "mess and disorganization" a symptom of a severe lack of space, you bet!  But we have to make that work as we are here for a while yet. 

This leads to a much bigger question:  How do working mom's handle the different directions they are being pulled in. I feel that I have certain duties and obligations to my family, but cannot live up to them since I am working not one, but two jobs.  Forget about even making time for friends, the few precious hours a week that I am not working or helping someone else out I end up just sitting with my little guy and enjoying him.  I suppose this is the dilemma that faces many of us working women. 

How do you find time for yourself or your friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment