Friday, October 12, 2012

Confessions of a Shopaholic...

Welcome to a new subcategory of my captivating life.
I. am. a. shopaholic.
Be it clothes, shoes, kids stuff, organizational stuff, and yes even groceries (this leads to another new subcategory ..more on that later).

Seems I can get make it through a Friday a.k.a payday without over spending on any of the above listed items.   I think about it all day.  What can I buy? What do we need at home? What project do I want to do? What can I get to give to someone else?  Yes, in my brain, if I buy it as a gift for someone else or because I want to do something nice for someone, it is justifiable to spend money. The "H" and I do not have credit cards.  We discovered early into our marriage that we were not properly taught how to use credit, therefore we never used our credit the "right" way.  Which leads up to debt and financial demise.  Well, we are not destitute, but we are in the process of cleaning up our credit and changing our habits.

Before I get into that whole journey, I wanted to share with you a little about my shopping experience.  What you need to know about me is that I am frugal and hate to spend money on myself.  I like purses because they are one size fits all basically, which leads me to the last thing you need to know about me, I am plus size with short stubby legs.  Anything I buy I have to almost always have tailored to fit my legs. This means I always have to factor in the cost of that with the items I am purchasing.

Fast forward:  I like to shop consignment for me and for "M".  The "H" not so much because it is harder to shop second hand for men.

Today I went to my favorite place to shop for myself.  Clothes Mentor in Burnsville.  I always find great and amazing items to make great outfits.  Plus it doesn't break the bank.  It's not supposed to, anyway.  
If you have never been before, you should go.  It is awesome! Accessories to shoes, you will not be disappointed.  Plus, the staff there are super!  Helpful, kind, and willing to give you their opinion when you ask.  All in all, this is a totally classy joint.  I am never disappointed.

I have been to Clothes Mentor over a dozen times since I discovered it about a year ago.  I always notice that Plato's Closet right down the side walk from CM.  I have never gone in, until today.  Boy was the a letdown.  The place is so disorganized I could not where some things ended and others began.  It was super loud from the "clubbing" music they were playing.  I stood in line for 15 mins, while there was NO ONE ahead of me, before I got checked out.  The quality of the items was poor.  The place smelled like a locker room.  I found one scarf that I liked and decided to purchase, I am a shopaholic after all, but I am sure I wont be going back there.  Lastly, they had nothing plus size.

So if my vote counts for anything, I am stand behind Clothes Mentor all the way.  Spend the extra 2 bucks per item and go to a classier spot to shop for adult women's clothing.

And that is my confession for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment