Thursday, October 18, 2012

Comfort Food Discomfort

It is that time of year when we start to feel chilly and snugglie, and what goes better with chilly and snugglie than good, warm, comfort food?  Nothing...that's what!

And here I am doing this weight med program and finding myself fixated on all the delicious treats that are all over the place.  Hot cocoa, cappuccino, pumpkin bars and delish crock pot stew, soups and chili! 

I am stuck!  I really want to lose weight, but I am also finding myself annoyed that I can't just live a "normal" life and eat those delicious foods without gaining three pounds back.  You see, Sunday was the start of the program and I was steadily going down about 2 lbs a day.  I had detoxed my body from all the caffeine and sugar and dairy that had been stored inside.  Then the break room happened....I am surrounded by yummy comfort food all over the place. 

Today I started thinking about Christmas cookies...if I can't eat them I ask myself, " the why bake them".  I know me, and if I bake them, I will eat most of them myself.  I think that I am coming to the conclusion that I am a compulsive eater.

I am also a working mom, as most of us are.  It is really difficult to make good, sugar free, whole food meals when you are short on time and just need to get dinner on the table.  I know this is an issue that seems to plague many of us working moms.  So I succumb to using bottled marinades and sauces, which are filled with sugar and any other sugar substance with various names.  I am finding how these are preventing my weight loss from happening. 

So today I am annoyed and discouraged and feel, frankly, pissed that I have to do this to lose weight, be healthy and like the way that I look. 

Oh yeah, and real kicker...the hubby eats just as bad as I do and ends up losing 2 lbs a day no matter what! 

Thanks for letting me gripe, and I promise to put those menus and shopping lists up for you before the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment