Sunday, October 14, 2012

Malfunction Junction...How do I fix what's not working?

As I have shared many times, I have PCOS.  Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome.  If you don't know what it means or what it does to a woman's body, just ask me.  You can google it too.  I have spent a lot of time researching the ways that my body doesn't work like that of a "normal" functioning female.
You can also search how to treat PCOS.  A doctor will give you medications that combat or cover up the symptoms.  I have been given oral contraceptives, Metformin, and Levothyroxin (thyroid med).  The Metformin never worked for me and neither did the thyroid medication   I was still gaining weight and loosing my hair (on my head), while growing thicker and more masculine hair on the rest of my body.  
After having "M", the pill stopped working for me.  I experienced nothing but chronic pelvic pain every day of every week of every month I was on the pill.  Plus, I was afraid of getting cancer from the pill...so I took myself off of it.

Since the time I have taken myself off I have done very little to try to combat my PCOS.  It is recommended that women with PCOS maintain a healthy weight and BMI.  The irony, a lot of us with PCOS can't loose weight worth a darn.

I have a great friend who has introduced me to different holistic medications and supplements.  I completed a couple of liver cleanses and found that after each one I had less cravings, less stomach trouble and that combined with chiropractics and supplements, I was menstruating.

In May, I tried the HCG diet through the Chiropractor so that it was done with good guidelines and support. It did not work.  If you look back at this post, you will see that this diet was not the way to loosing weight for me.

So now I share with you that I am embarking on a new attempt to take off some weight so that I am comfortable with more vigorous exercise and increasing the health and wellness of my "girl" parts.

This new plan is called Weight Med.  It is done using a homeopathic solution three times a day and eating fruits, veggies, and lean meats/seafood for 60 days.  There are no calorie limits like that HCG diet.  I can use good oils, like Omegas, and eat nuts.  Just like the HCG, there can be no sugar, except the fruit and Stevia, and no starches like bread & pasta.  I will also have to cut out my dairy except fate free cottage cheese.  I don't expect this to be easy, but I am willing to try so that I can regain control over my health and wellness.

I would like to share with you my progress and my experience so that if you find yourself facing "last resort" times with your weight and wellness, you may find support in what I have to say.  Not to mention, if I am sharing with all of you, I am more accountable to the plan.

Please feel free to use the comment section for questions or words of support.  No need to comment about being careful with my body or making a harmful choice, as all risks have been considered and accounted for.

Thank you for taking this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment