Sunday, May 20, 2012

What it is

In my last post I explained that the hubby and I were beginning the HCG diet/cleanse very soon.  Well, it struck me that there might be people who do not know what the HCG diet is.
Basically, it is taking natural Human Chorionic Gonadotropin and eating a 500 calorie diet for 26 days.  There are no refined sugars, no sugars, and no cheating.  We are supposed to stick to a very strict menu of food items and cannot eat anything processed {hence the cleanse portion}.  There is no working out during this 26 days as we will be burning far too many calories to eat only 500 calories and exercise on top of it.

After the 500 cal 26 days with the drops, for 26 more days we eat an increased diet, without the drops.  We should only increase our intake by a tiny bit, but still keeping processed foods and sugars out of our diets.  It has been found that through this process the Hypothalamus {which is in the brain} resets what it thinks is your base weight.  The hypothalamus also helps regulate other stuff too.  I can actually reset my Thyroid through this process and get it to work properly again too.  When those two things are working properly for me, guess what, so will my reproductive organs.  I might for the first time since high school, have a normal/regular menstrual cycle.  As a result, when the time is right, Hubby and I may not have to use fertility treatments in order to conceive.  While the thought of getting pregnant is both thrilling and scary, that is NOT the driving force behind starting this diet/cleanse.  I know that I am not healthy enough at this time to even support and growing fetus.

For anyone out there who is thinking that I am insane for doing this and that I am making a big mistake, you should know that I have done so many other things to try to get my weight back to a normal weight and normal BMI.  I have been 220 lbs since I stopped nursing is 2010.  I was 220 lbs when I conceived Little Man through infertility treatments.  I lost weight while I was pregnant {how does that happen} even though I was not sick one minute of my pregnancy.

I have done my research and I have tried many many other things.  My endocrinologist suggested I have Gastric Bypass.  NO THANK YOU!!  So I am doing this instead!

I will share my progress and my experience through this 26 days.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment