Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Negativity Vortex

These days it is not hard to find negativity lurking around every corner; ready to pounce on us.
I admit, I am a repeat victim of the Negativity Vortex.  It can come in so many forms that we might not notice it right away.
Here is how the negativity vortex comes to attack me....1. in the form of gossip, 2. in the form of competition..3. in the form of expectations...4. in the form of being over scheduled.  There are more ways, but these are the ones that are most effective at getting to me.  I should also mention, bills & money. 

I can tell when I have been sucked in to the Vortex because I am more crabby then normal, which means that I am short tempered with my friends and family, I isolate myself more and I feel like my emotions are totally haywire! My tolerance is next to none!  I am sure that my hubby could identify other ways I show I have been sucked in to the Vortex.

But that is not the most important part of this blog posting.  I think that it is important that I share how I get out of the Vortex because some of you may not know how to get out of the Vortex.  To get out of the Vortex, follow these simple instructions:
1.  Focus your attention on  being a positive influence on someone else's life.
I repeat (because it is so important and so simple)
The only instruction you need, is to Focus your attention on being a positive influence on someone else's life!
When you are doing something good for someone else you have NO ROOM for negativity in your heart.  When you have no negativity in your heart, the Vortex lets you loose.

Here are some ways that I focus my attention on being positive:
1. I start at home (because when the NV has me, I am hardest on my family)
    a. make a special meal that I know my hubby likes.
    b. leave little notes about the qualities I love in my hubby just to make him feel good.
    c. spend special one-on-one time with the little dude
    d. plan and prepare a special one-on-one time for little dude and hubby while I stay home and take care of home stuff.

2. Reach out to someone who (in some peoples' opinions) may not deserve the positive attention:
    a. treat my sister to special sister time
    b. make a meal for someone
    c. offer to switch shifts and step in at work for another person to have some time off
    d. offer to babysit someones kids so that they can have an impromptu adult evening.

Tell me some of the ways that you get yourself out of the holds of the Negativity Vortex, what works for you?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment