Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Deflated

Like a balloon, I feel deflated.  One of my goals, which I have yet to reveal, is about being more organized and more efficiant and getting things accomplished.  I feel like I have taken a giant step backwards and I am really having a hard time being productive.

From time to time I daydream about being a stay at home mom.  I would love...no, LOVE to spend my days with my little boy.  I know that he is safe at his school and I know that he is learning a lot more than what I could teach him at home and he likes it, but I have hit a road block at work, which makes me want to be home. 

In all actuality I like what I do.  I don't live to do it, rather I do it to make a living.  But, as human service jobs go, this one is being tough.  No medical benefits, no pay raises-instead pay cuts, and lots of things that need to be fixed.  These things make it tough to want to keep going and busting my back.  I know that I need to be able to access Health Insurance benefits and I know that I need to play my part in providing for my family, which means financial security.  But how do I begin?  How do I come to terms with the reality that is interviewing and hoping to get hired?  How do I decide what I want to do?  I think often about getting out of social services as this field hinges upon how people vote and how our state leaders make decisions.  So as I asked before, how do I begin? 

No comments:

Post a Comment