Friday, May 10, 2013

Something clever about absence and fondness

I have been absent for a while.  A long while.
I stopped blogging for a time as I felt like I was "failing at it".
What does that even mean?  Well, I will tell you!

Firstly, I didn't want my blog to be some place that I just dump my feelings and air my dirty laundry.  I go to people's blogs and read them and follow them and I find them clever and inspiring and purposeful to me, not just the writer.  So I wanted my blog to be just like that...and that one and that one and oh yeah, that one {imagine me pointing a each of the blogs I love}.

Every time I tried to sit down and write, I ended up with either some cheap knock-off of a another blog I love.  I don't want to do that...I don't want to be the cheap imitation of a blog I love.  I want my blog to be purposeful and inspiring.

Secondly, back to the purposeful and inspiring...I have so much on my mind that I feel I could share and help people to get through things or serve a purpose.

Thirdly, I am all over the place all the time.  I do so many different things, I have so many interests that I don't really specialize in any one thing.  So I fear that I am left with an imitation blog that is all over the place crazy....

Maybe I am ok with that!  I have some things to share and could use some blog-o-sphere advice on things.

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment