Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Goals...

So I know I promised that I would post some goals and begin working on them.  Know that just because I have not posted anything to the web does not mean that I have not been working on them.
The goals that I have for myself are a little, really a lot, personal and it is scary for me to share them.  By sharing them I am really speaking out loud the things that I see as being "wrong" on my life. It is hard for me to admit that there are things that are not working well in my life; it makes me feel shame or embarrassment.

So here goes....I am going to share the goals that I have set for myself!
1.  Weight Loss-  as some of you may know I struggle with PCOS. I speak pretty freely about PCOS and my struggles with it and some may say that I am often on my soap box about it, but if you are also struggling and would like to talk more about it, feel free....I am an open book.  Loosing weight will help regulate and maybe even reverse some of the effects of having PCOS.  Not to mention, I just do not like the way I look and feel at my weight of 225 (YIKES).

2. Financial Security- Through a series of events that began unfolding in 2009, my husband has been unemployed on more than one occasion.  This has caused many an argument and frustrations in regards to our financial health.  As a child I watched my parents struggle financially.  I promised myself that would not be the case for myself and family.  Now I find that I am right back to where my parents were.  No savings to speak of, barely making ends meet, living paycheck to paycheck and sometimes robbing from Peter to pay Paul.  This is NOT the life I had in mind.  ARGH!!!  How, when you have no money to make it all better, make this situation better.  This is a goal of mine!  Through those aforementioned events leading to my hubby's employment situation we have racked up major medical bills and lots of debt.  I have defaulted on my student loans (OUCH) and still have no end in sight.  So to start this journey to financial security (or as I am looking at it, financial fitness) we are filing for bankruptcy.  This is the only way that we can think of to deal with our current situation.  It is embarrassing to admit that we are doing it, but it is also a little freeing to be able to speak that.  I am looking at this as a starting over point for us!

3.  Be a better ME- This is super general, but encompasses a lot.  I want to be a better sister, friend, wife, mother, and woman of God.  I want to be more confident and secure.  I want to reciprocate friendships.  I want to be generous with my heart and my time.  I want to be a good role model for the young kids I serve at church. 

So those are my goals.  As personal as they are, I hope that you find a little comfort and support knowing that I too am not perfect and find flaws in myself.  Feel free to share your goals with me and we can hold each other up to those goals.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment